Materials Needed Include:
- Cellophane- preferably clear, you will need approximately a 1.5' by 2' rectangle
- Ribbon - in a color that compliments your flower, you will need approximately a 16" piece
-Scissors - these need to be heavy duty enough to cut the stems of the flowers and your florist wire
-Water Tube - this goes at the base of the flower once you have cut it, because the greens can last longer without water. You want it filled about 3/4 the way full so that when you insert your flower stem it doesn't overflow.
-Florist Wire - this helps hold the head of your flower up so that it doesn't wilt
-[optional] Tissue Paper - this adds depth to your arrangement
Then we need the Flowers:
- 1 large headed flower [i.e. rose, daisy, sunflower, etc.] with a long stem
- 1 piece of leather (the fuller and more green the better)
- Filler (usually a couple small pieces of babys breath, tree fern, status, etc,)
Step 1: Step 1 - Cut the Cellophane
You need to cut the cellophane to approximately a 2' by 1.5' rectangle. (The Width of the cellophane is usually 1.5' on the roll, so you just need to roll it out 2') The rectangle needs to be long enough that when you place the flowers diagonally from upper right to lower left sides, it fits with about 3 inches to spare on the bottom.