1. Order all of your electronics from the web including: Lilypad Pro Kit, E-sewing kit, temperature sensors, tri-colored LEDS, solar panels, and whatever else you think you can get for cheap from the web.
* Order these first so you will be able to start once you get your jacket
2. Purchase a ski type jacket with or without a zip-out liner jacket. The jackets do not have to be new—buying used will help your budget and make fatal mistakes less painful to your pocket.
* If the jacket does not include a liner that zips out, you will need to buy one. Make sure to purchase either a fleece or some type of liner that FITS into your shell, the outside jacket. You will need to check this out before buying.
3. You will want to wash you jackets before so that they will be ready to wear when finished.
4. Once you have completed these steps, you will be ready to start fabricating your jacket.