Hi there and welcome to my first instructable! This is how to make a fully functional ice cream container sail boat. It is great for use in the pool on breezy days.(Sorry, I had to take all the photos at the end so its not that clear)
To make it you'll need:
1. An ice cream container, about 2 litres. ( I used Bulla Classics Vanilla)
2. A 36x30cm rectangle of light material. ( I found some fairly light cotton and cut that to size)
3. 3 pieces of pretty thin dowel.(Maybe 1-1.5 cm thick) 1 piece 50cm long and 2 pieces 30cm long.
4. Duct tape (different colours)
5.Plaster of paris ( I'm not sure the amount but we'll get to that later)
6. A sewing machine or sewing kit.
7. 1 drawing pin.
8. Modelling clay, just a little bit.
Step 1: #1 Making the Sail
Begin by sewing a pocket across the top (The 30cm part), big enough to fit the 30cm long piece of dowel.(It needs to be able to slide in and out) Which is basically a large hem. Do the same for the bottom. Along the sides do a zig zag stich under the first line of sewing. Do the same for the other side. Slide your dowel into the pockets. At the top piece of dowel cut open 3-4 stiches in the middle to make room for the other 50cm piece of dowel, the mast. Slide that in. Where the top of the dowel touches the cloth push a drawing pin down to keep it in place, then hammer it in.. At the other end, just above the other stiches make another slit to slide the other end into.