*I will explain how the costume could be made with the upgrades from the superman outfit.
* This costume is fairly warm.
* This build could be completed in a weekend if you are efficient
-high density foam
- 10” concrete tube (home depot)
Step 1: Chest
(Pic B) is used as one side.. Pic C and Pic D combine together to make a type of door for the opposite side. this way, you can slide in and out of the chest piece. Hot Glue everything together, EXCEPT for C and D. Use masking tape so that the pieces can “swing”. put velcro on C and D to keep it closed.
Step 2: Shoulders
Use tape to attach E and F to front and back (make sure it is on the side with C+D).. use velcro to have the pieces stick to one another. that is the side you enter the chest.. Glue F in place.
Aku has these shoulder pad looking things, so just add those out of cardboard. Basic triangles should work.
Step 3: Legs:Assembly
once complete, cut out long triangles from the black fabric and glue them inside the seam of the skirt. (remember that the fat end of the triangle is at the bottom) **in this picture, the skirt is upside down to show how the triangles were glued in (pic 3)
Step 4: Legs: Skirt
you can then use suspenders to keep the lower half attached to you.
Step 5: Hands
- Make 4 "C’s" out if high density foam. a Pair of C’s will act as the top and bottom of the hand..
- Take craft foam and glued it to the edge, making a mitten.
- cut out a little triangle in the middle of the C, which will allow you to open and close the hand.
- add a wrist and call it a day
Step 6: Arms
Step 7: Head: Main Assembly
- Cut the cement tube to roughly the length of your head.
- Use the styrofoam and glue it underneath
- From here, you can use sandpaper to smooth off the edge and create the curve for the jaw.
- once that is completed, cut another hole in the styrofoam for your neck.
- I took a portion of cement tube and cut the length down to make a smaller diameter for a neck.
Step 8: Eyes
- stick the tube on your head.
- take a pen and reach from the top to mark where your eyeballs are..
- cut them out.
- put in some transparent black fabric and put them into the eyes.
- I also put in some styrofoam inside the lego head so that it would turn when i would turn my actual head.
Step 9: Head: Lid + Details
Step 10: Face
- Looking back on it, i could have cut the mouth out and replaced it with black fabric to make it a bit more breathable. the teeth could have been white craft foam if you went this route
From here, i took some red craft foam and cut out eye brows and a goatee.(pic 2)