This is a video of me playing the GH controller. The Song is called Holy Diver. I'm playing it on Hard. It demonstrates that it is working just fine (every part of it).
Note: I hadn't seen an original red octane controller (nor any 3rd party copies) at the time I made this controller, only on pictures.
Feel free to leave a lot of comments about my project, I'd like to have some response, and if you have any questions about anything according to my project, don't hesitate to ask (but please try to ask things that aren't covered in the instructable! Thanx!)!
Step 1: The mentioned "scratch"
- a PS1 controller with analog sticks (important! PS2 controllers won't work with GH2, only GH1)
- trigger buttons of another PS1 controller (I used an old one with no analog sticks - i haven't used it for ages) or some sensitive micro switches for the guitar fret buttons
- some other switches and plastic pieces
- a whammy bar
- some csrews
- a tilt sensor, covered in my fist instructable, the correct one for this project starts at Step 4
- a longer flat cable consisting of 6 wires (it will be easier to glue it down) and a bunch of other shorter wires
- 2 pieces from a roll-top (guitar neck)
- a thick paper with fine surface on one side (guitar body shape)
- a long piece of wooden slat or more smaller pieces (body stability)
- lots of hot glue
- soldering-iron and some solder and of course soldering knowledge
- an electric drill, rasp, Stanley knife and some other tools