- blue acetate
- LED light ( i dismantled a starwars M&M candy lightsaber)
Step 1: LED + Cardboard Skeleton
- I disassembled an m&m starwars lightsaber candy dispensor to get the LED part out.
- I made a flat “ball” of cardboard and cut a hole out of one end.
- I put foil on the inside of the ball to give the light a bit more reflection.
Step 2: Handles
- Then i made the handles out of 8 pieces of cardboard (4 per side). it’s good to sketch these out first so that they are even.
- Take your comic cardboard and cover the handles. It gives the handles a really nice, smooth finish.
- Glue the light into the ball
- Bondo the entire ball
- Glue in handles
Step 3: Foam and Paint
2. Glue pieces together (pic 2)
3. Once assembled, carefully primer and paint it. (pic 3)
4. I then covered the hole with the blue acetate.
Step 4: Inside Hot Rod
- I just added some bottle caps and some random pieces of cardboard to have it sit inside. If you want to get fancy, put some El wire or glow wire inside.
Step 5: FINISHED
*Special thank you to Larry Cheng for his superb photography.