My apartment doesn't have much on the walls. I've always wanted a headboard. I love books.
Answer? Book headboard.
Step 1: What you'll need.
- a large assortment of book covers, carefully cut from the pages using an exacto knife or something similar. (These can be found at used book stores or thrift shops.)
- Elmer's Glue-All or something similar - needs to be able to stick to wood and paper and dry strong and clear.
- polyurethane spray for finishing.
- pens or pencils for marking
- something heavy to weigh the books down while they dry
- 3M picture hanging strips for, well, hanging of course!
- a large sheet of smooth plywood that's a 1/4 inch thick and as wide as your bed. Mine was 50 inches wide and around 30 tall.