- Exacto Knife
- Thin Foam Boards
- Colour Printer
- Modeling Clay
- small Wire
- Ruler (or squared ruler)
- measuring tape
- measure out how large you would like your building walls to be.
- use a ruler and trace out your walls using a marker.
- Cut out your wall peices.
- Access the internet and find a building wall
- open a photo editing software and copy+paste the image into it
- Change the image size to the measurements of your prop walls
- Go into file on the top left of your program and select print.
- Make sure your colour printer is hooked up then proceed to print the image, I suggest using a 8 and a half by 14 inch paper.
- Use scissors and cut out any unwanted white space in the printed paper(s).
- Use a stick of glue and paste the printed paper to your measured and cut wall.
- To assemble the walls you need to use tape and cut off two 4" peices.
- Tape the corners of the walls together to complete the building.
- Use the modeling clay and mold the clay into any character you would like to put in your video (I use a plain generic character).
- You can mold other things Like weapons or bags for example.
- Now that you have made your building and your characters, it is now time to make your scene.
- If you dont want a plain real life background like your desk then I suggest you use a green screne to add backgrounds to your claymation.
- So set up your scene either on a green screen or not
- If your using a green screen then you must use a video editing program that can add a background to your video.
- Use can use a camera to catch your scene or you can use a picture capture software that allows you to use a web camera to take multiple pictures.
- I used stop motion pro 7 for my animations.
- To make your character animate you must take a picture of your scene with your character in it and move your character bit by bit, taking pictures with every slight adjustment you make.
This is an example of an animation