Introduction: How to Make a Coin Spin Forever
Want to make your own ever spinning Totem from INCEPTION? Gaze at a coin spin for hours endlessly. Pretty mesmerizing. Discovered this while my brother was making a magnetic stirrer for growing beer yeast. Very cool.
It's basically just a rotating magnet but the method I'm using here reduces construction time to under minute with these parts. Very quick to assemble with a bit of blue tack. No need to even glue.
My Parts List:
1. A small motor eg computer fan
2. Two magnets ( stronger the better)
3. An old CD, lollipop stick to use as something for the magnets to spin on.
4. A power source for the motor eg 9V battery
5. A small sheet of thin and pretty rigid material for the coin to spin on. I've used two sandwich boxes
6. Some blue tack or sticky tack. A fair ole lump of it.
Here's a link to an inception button for your joy:
And here's some awesome music to go with your creation: