This instructable describes how to make a laser etched wine bottle that can be used to bottle your own home made libation, as a flower vase or whatever application you find for wine bottles. I make my own wine at home and decided it would be nice to use a laser etching machine to create an artistic etched label to make the presentation more attractive than printed stick on labels. I dp not have a laser etcher at home therefor I made it at TechShop (www.techshop.ws
.) The following items are needed for this instructable.
1) Laser engraver (all TechShop locations)
2) A rotary attachment for the laser engraver
3) Software for designing the bottle "label"
4) A non-scratch scrubber for cleaing the final product
5) Wine bottle opener
6) Measureing tape
Associated TechShop Classes:
1) LAS101: Laser Cutting and Etching SBU
2) LAS201: Laser Engraver Rotary Attachment SBU
1) Bottle of wine