Introduction: How to Make a Detachable Utili-pocket
Also, check out the entire video below:
Step 1: Pick Out Your Fabric
1. Get some fabric, draw a 17in x 14in rectangle and cut it out.
Step 2: Fold the Rectangle
2. Fold the rectangle, right sides together and pin it around the perimeter.
Step 3: Sewing the Seam
3. Now you're gonna sew a seam along the pin line, leaving a 3 inch gap, so you can turn it inside out in a minute.
Step 4: Another Seam
4. When you're done sewing, turn it right side out, smooth the corners and sew another seam around the perimeter.
Step 5: Making the Pocket
5. Now fold the pocket the size that you want it, flip it over and mark out where you want your loop to go.
Step 6: The Tie Loop
6. Next get out an old tie, cut off the tip. Fold over the raw edge and sew a seam.
Step 7: Sewing the Loop
7. Pin the tie where you made the mark on the pocket and sew two seams to attach it.
Step 8: Sewing the Pocket
8. Now, fold, pin and sew the pocket together.
Step 9: Adding the Button
9. Mark out where the button and the button hole are going to go. Pick out a button, and hand, sew it on.
Step 10: Sewing on the Button
10. Next sew the button hole using a zig zag stitch and create a mini-rectangle. Cut a slit in the middle and you're done!
Step 11: You're Done!
11. Then all you gotta do it slip it on your belt and you're ready to rock!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.