Hey everyone! One of our viewers asked for advice on adding cargo pockets to dress pants or jeans. Well... we decided to nix the dress pants idea and present them with the untra-versatile detachable utili-pocket. It's a great way to add more pockets to normal pants. If you love this tutorial, be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes
and check out more episodes on our website, Threadbanger.com.
Also, check out the entire video below:
Step 1: Pick Out Your Fabric
1. Get some fabric, draw a 17in x 14in rectangle and cut it out.
Step 2: Fold the Rectangle
2. Fold the rectangle, right sides together and pin it around the perimeter.
Step 3: Sewing the Seam
3. Now you're gonna sew a seam along the pin line, leaving a 3 inch gap, so you can turn it inside out in a minute.
Step 4: Another Seam
4. When you're done sewing, turn it right side out, smooth the corners and sew another seam around the perimeter.
Step 5: Making the Pocket
5. Now fold the pocket the size that you want it, flip it over and mark out where you want your loop to go.
Step 6: The Tie Loop
6. Next get out an old tie, cut off the tip. Fold over the raw edge and sew a seam.
Step 7: Sewing the Loop
7. Pin the tie where you made the mark on the pocket and sew two seams to attach it.
Step 8: Sewing the Pocket
8. Now, fold, pin and sew the pocket together.
Step 9: Adding the Button
9. Mark out where the button and the button hole are going to go. Pick out a button, and hand, sew it on.
Step 10: Sewing on the Button
10. Next sew the button hole using a zig zag stitch and create a mini-rectangle. Cut a slit in the middle and you're done!
Step 11: You're Done!
11. Then all you gotta do it slip it on your belt and you're ready to rock!