Introduction: How to Make a Duct Tape Braided Bracelet
In this instructable, you will learn how to make a duct tape braided bracelet. I've seen a lot of people make tutorials about how to make a duct tape braided bracelet, but this is just the way I do it. It's probably pretty close to the way everyone else does it.I hope you like it!
Step 1: Materials
For this instructable, you will need the following items:
- Duct tape
- X-acto knife
- Cutting board (or ruler)
- Flat surface
- Edge of a table (not in picture)
You can choose one or two colors for duct tape, but since we are braiding it, it would look better with three colors.
Step 2: Cutting the Pieces
Don't follow the same measurements as me, because I have a really small wrist. Basically, if you cut a 10 inch strip = 5 inch bracelet. For this tutorial, I will use 10 inch strip. For this tutorial, when I say, "10 inch strip", don't actually use a 10 inch strip unless you want a 5 inch bracelet. Use your own measurement! Also, I will only use one color, but if you have a lot of different colored duct tape, I encourage you to use THREE colors! If you use three colors, you will be able to make TWO wallets.
- Find your measurements (10 inch = 5 inch bracelet)
- Cut a "10 inch strip".
- Cut in half.
- Fold it in half. It will then be a half an inch of the duct tape.
- Repeat this so you have three half inch pieces.
Step 3: Making the Bracelet
Now it's time to braid!!
- Cut a 4 inch strip (main piece)
- Cut off 1 inch of it (second piece)
- Cut off half an inch off the top (top piece)
- Put the pieces from the last step really close together
- Hold it down by putting the main piece
- Get to things two things to put on the side so it won't lift up while you braid
- Cut 2 inches off the top piece
- Take the piece you just cut and tie it around the bottom of the part you braided
- Cut off the bottom
- Do the same thing on the other side with the remaining top piece
- Take the second piece and wrap it around both tips
Step 4: FINISHED!
Now you're done with your bracelet. Hope you like it. Please comment below about what you want to see in my next instructable. Also, post a picture of the result of your bracelet. If you need any help, don't be afraid to comment. Also, I encourage constructive criticism and positive feedback.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.