There was concern in the prior Instructable about around scratching the lens so I wanted to solve that problem in my easy to build fish eye lens as well as make a version which is easy to use, remove, etc.
I decided to modify the design by using an existing camera attachment which would easily mount to the camera and comes with most Nikon lenses.
The secret to my design is to use the lens shield as the attachment platform which allows the fish eye lens to be easily attached and removed from standard lenses while enabling a hands free experience.
The lens that I am using in the shot below is a Nikon 18-105mm VR lens. It came with the kit when I bought my camera.
Step 1: Prepare the materials
In addition to that you will need:
- 1 Entry Door Viewer - The one shown below is a 160 degree large diameter version.
- 1 scrap particle board. 3" X 3" square
- 1 scrap particle board 1.5" X 1.5" square
- The old handy duct tape approx 10" in length
- Spare Lens shield - I never use one on this lens anyway so I'm using the one that came with it.