Introduction: How to Make a Guitar Lead
This fairly simple instructable will show you how to make a simple guitar lead.
P.S im only 13 so no bad comments please :)
So lets get started
Step 1: Things You Will Need
The equipment you need are general. Everybody should have them.
1. Soldering iron or soldering station.
2.Solder. I prefer 60/40 tin/lead resin cored solder.
3. helping hands. not required but highly recommended
4. soldering tip cleaner. Again, not required but it's recommended.
5. Wire stripper. (not pictured) required unless you have great skill with a pocket knife.I used the one in pic 2
6. Pliers or crimp tool (not pictured)
I think I've covered all the equipment
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
The stuff you'll need for the actual lead are
1. 2 audio connectors. I chose the highest quality I could get
2. Your desired length of cable. For mono applications, you must use single core screened cable. Again, I chose the best I could get
3. Use heatshrink or the covers that came with the connector to insulate the inside of the connector.
Lets get started making it!
Step 3: Strip the Cable
Strip the cable now. Use the wire stripping tool and take care not to damage the shielding by not overdoing it. Strip the outer insulation about 1.5cm (just over 1/2 an inch) from the top. Then move and twist the shielding (picture 2) and then strip halfway to expose the core (Like in picture 3)
Now thats done. On to the next step
Step 4: Prepare for Soldering
Now it's almost time for soldering
first, put the connector cover and the insulation over the cable.
second, setup the stripped ends on the connector like in pic 2.
Step 5: Solder Time!
This step is is pretty much self explanatory.
solder the wires to the connector that we prepared in step 4.
Remember to cut the excess wire
Step 6: The Connector Cover
Thread the connector cover over the connector WITH the plastic sleeve on to insulate the solder joints.
Step 7: All Done... Well Sort Of
To finish the guitar lead, repeat all the steps on the opposite end of the lead.
Step 8: All Done
Your all done. Happy playing!
don't forget the rate and comment!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.