Paper in either a rectangle or square in a desired size (warning: if paper used is not one of these two shapes, the instructions will not work).
Step 1: Making a perfect square.
2. Fold one corner of the paper to form a 90 degree triangle, going all the way to the edge of the paper (see figure 1).
3. Cut or fold and tear off the bottom segment (see figure 2).
4. Unfold the triangle and do your best to remove the crease by rubbing your thumb along the paper. (see figure 3)
Step 2: Forming the two pieces of the ninja star.
2. Fold the two rectangles down the middle longways to form two thinner rectangles Do not cut, and leave them folded (see figure 1)
3. Fold the new thinner rectangles in half the short way (see figure 2).
4. Unfold the the last fold. The crease is a guiding mark for the next step (see figure 3)
5. Fold one side of each rectangle straight up using the middle crease as a guide, and the other side down Make the two pieces MIRROR IMAGES of each other NOT IDENTICAL (see figure 4).
6. Flip the pieces over and form 90 degree triangles again with the corners on each side (see figure 5).