Step 1: Start with the tail
Step 2: Create the Tail - Part 1
1. Glue three uncut feathers vertically on top of each other to simulate the spray of a real peacock's tail
2. Glue two of those sets back-to-back so that it would look the same from the front as well as the back
Note: Once these two steps are complete, you should have a stalk that contains 6 feathers.
Step 3: Create the Pail - Part 2
3. Glue the feather bunches into a fan shape onto black poster board
4. Cut the poster board into a "Y" shape.
Step 4: Create the Tail - Part 4
5. Apply a backing to cover the ends of the tail feathers. I used a glittery black card stock to give it more of a polished look.
6. Wrap black tape around the base of the "Y".
This fan of feathers was then able to be slid in and out of the inside of the top back of my corset (so that I could get in and out of a car!), and stand straight up in a perfect fan the entire night!