Introduction: How to Make a Shock-proof Cardboard 7" Tablet 2-in-1 Case and Dock
I don't know if you know, but cardboard have two "sides", one stronger "side" and one weaker side. I mean if you bend somehow the cardboard sheet it is stronger than bending the same cardboard sheet in other way.
If you stick two sheets of cardboard together like in one of my photos, you get a stronger piece of cardboard.
When you travel or just let the tab on standby, it can happen that the tab fall down or the luggage can fall down too, and the tab might get broken. So I made this 2-in-1 case and dock to protect it from getting broken. And if you are in a airport, you can make it a dock and watch a movie.
Let's call the stronger side A and the weaker side B.
Let's start the work.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Hot glue gun
- Cutting tools
- Duct tape for design
- 10 cm of chase (not big chase, a little one like a necklace)
- Cardboard boxes (You can use recycled boxes) or big cardboard sheets
Step 2: Cutting Out the Cardboard Sheets
For making this case, you may obtain:
- one big cardboard sheet (size: 32 cm x 17 cm) (you may cut it )
- one cardboard sheet (size: 24 cm x 17 cm )
- 4 cardboard sheets with the cardboard holes on the shorter side(23.5 cm x 17 cm) (let's call them B cardboards )
- 4 cardboard sheets with the cardboard holes on the wider side (23.5 cm x 17 cm)
Step 3: Sticking Together the Cardboard Sheets
For stick them together, I use hot glue.
Here it's the order for sticking them:
1. First you stick together the big and the 24 cm sheet. Watch out to stick them thus both bent sides are on the same side.
2. Then stick a B cardboard of them.
3. Stick together 2 B cardboard sheets with a A cardboard sheet in the middle.(you can see that in the image above)
4. Then stick together one B cardboard sheet and 2 A cardboard sheets.
Step 4: Cutting the Place for the Tab
Step 5: Stick All Together
Stick together the cardboard piece wich has the big sheet and the tab place cardboard piece, and then over the cardboard part obtaind stick the remained cardboard piece.
Then stick some piece of cardboard of the case's sides.
Step 6: Sticking the Chases
Step 7: Great! You Have Just Made Your Own Shockproof Case
Step 8: You Can Add Some Tape to Improve the Design
Step 9: Improvements
I add some hot glue to improve the adherence and the stability.
Thanks for watching.
Have a nice day.
Step 10: Make-to-Learn Youth Contest
What did I make ?
I make an accessible, cheap and shock-proof 2-in-1 case and dock for every human who wants a case for his tablet.
For making it, I use cardboard, jot glue and tape. You can use it anywhere. You just put the tab in and don't worry if it falls down.
How did I make it?
This instructable is the answer for this question. I've got the idea when my tab was falling down on the ground.
Where did I make it ?
I make it home because it wasn't so hard.
What did I learn?
I learn that cardboard can be a strong material or maybe a premium material for my projects.
I learn that for making a project, the only things you need are the ambition and some materials.
The biggest obstacle I've met is the structure of case, to be also a dock.