With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share step-by-step photos with text instructions
share one or more photos in one step quickly and easily
share your how-to video
Make you very own stuffed bear, or any animal! Little sewing experience required, no sewing machine required.
1. Read this whole article once over.
2. Gather the materials needed: about 16 by 16 inches of fabric, stuffed animal eyes and nose (or buttons), ribbon, thread, ruler, fray check glue, ne...
3. Fold fabric in half so that the side of the fabric that you want to see on your bear in on the INSIDE.
4. Draw with pen an outline of your bear on the fabric. Make sure to include arms legs, head, and ears. Do not draw a skinny neck. Pin the fabric toge...
5. Cut with scissors your bear out of the fabric. Make sure to leave about a centimeter or more of fabric around the outline you drew.
6. Thread needle and start on the lower half of the body. I sewed by hand, but if you are very comfortable with using a sewing machine, go ahead becau...
7. Cut tiny holes where the eyes and nose are to be if you have stuffed animal eyes and noses. These can be bought at any JoAnn Fabric Store, or any o...
8. Carefully turn the bear right-side out. Using a pencil to push the limbs out works well. Check the seams of the bear. If there are any holes, fix t...
9. Stuff the cotton or stuffing into the arms and legs until they are firm. Set aside the bear in a safe place.
10. Find an old sock and cut it in half so it is a little pouch that you think you can stuff through your bear's head when full. Fill sock with rice (...
11. Sew the open end of the sock closed and make sure no rice can get out.
12. Carefully stuff sock through bear's head into the stomach. If the sock won't fit in, undo sewing and take out some rice, or undo a couple of head ...
15. Stuff the head with cotton/stuffing and sew it closed. Dab all knots and fraying ends with fray check glue and let dry.
14. Embellish. Add a cute bow, sew buttons on, fake flowers, even yarn hair. Adding a tail is optional.
15. Post pictures of your stuffed animal in a comment or send it to me (or tell me how you tweaked the project) at email@example.com Note: To mak...
Tag files as:
Posted:Jan 21, 2012
Cute Sock Animal Plushies (no sewing, gluing or cutting)
Make a unique hat from a stuffed animal
World of Warcraft stuffed animal from papercraft
How to Make a Stuffed Animal
Blingy Bear Body Suit!
Boo boo Cookie Bear
How to make a teddy bear out of shirts
Ugly Mutant Dolls.
Stuffed Bear Pillow from Old T-shirts
Download our new apps for iOS and android!
PDF DownloadsAs a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format.
You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.