With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
Make you very own stuffed bear, or any animal! Little sewing experience required, no sewing machine required.
1. Read this whole article once over.
2. Gather the materials needed: about 16 by 16 inches of fabric, stuffed animal eyes and nose (or buttons), ribbon, thread, ruler, fray check glue, needle, scissors, pen, ...
3. Fold fabric in half so that the side of the fabric that you want to see on your bear in on the INSIDE.
4. Draw with pen an outline of your bear on the fabric. Make sure to include arms legs, head, and ears. Do not draw a skinny neck. Pin ...
5. Cut with scissors your bear out of the fabric. Make sure to leave about a centimeter or more of fabric around the outline you drew.
6. Thread needle and start on the lower half of the body. I sewed by hand, but if you are very comfortable with using a sewing machine, go ...
7. Cut tiny holes where the eyes and nose are to be if you have stuffed animal eyes and noses. These can be bought at any JoAnn Fabric ...
8. Carefully turn the bear right-side out. Using a pencil to push the limbs out works well. Check the seams of the bear. If there are any holes, fix ...
9. Stuff the cotton or stuffing into the arms and legs until they are firm. Set aside the bear in a safe place.
10. Find an old sock and cut it in half so it is a little pouch that you think you can stuff through your bear's head when full. Fill ...
11. Sew the open end of the sock closed and make sure no rice can get out.
12. Carefully stuff sock through bear's head into the stomach. If the sock won't fit in, undo sewing and take out some rice, or undo a couple of ...
15. Stuff the head with cotton/stuffing and sew it closed. Dab all knots and fraying ends with fray check glue and let dry.
14. Embellish. Add a cute bow, sew buttons on, fake flowers, even yarn hair. Adding a tail is optional.
15. Post pictures of your stuffed animal in a comment or send it to me (or tell me how you tweaked the project) at firstname.lastname@example.org Note: To make ...
Magnetic Kissing Stuffed Animalsby DIY Hacks and How Tos
Cute Sock Animal Plushies (no sewing, gluing or cutting)by CreativeTiffany
Make Your Own Stuffed Animalby Cre8ivity_
How-To-Sew Cute Plushie Animalsby Haus Page
Wearable #1: Bear Corsageby PaisleyK
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2016 Autodesk, Inc.