Introduction: How to Make a Simple Case for Your Cutting Shears
This is how you make a simple fake leather case for your precious sewing shears:
1. With a straightedge, make an outline of your shears. It can be a simple triangle or like mine, which is has contouring.
2. Add a 1/2 inch seam allowance to the edges. You don't need to do on the opening of the case.
3. Add a 3/4 x 6 inch rectangle to the top of the pattern. These will be straps to tie your case shut.
4. Cut your pattern. Flip over your piece and place on the fabric and cut the other side.
5. Pin it in place along the edges you are sewing. Pin the wrong sides of the fabric together or the right sides together, depending on how you want it to look. I pinned mine wrong sides facing.
6. Sew the edges with a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
7. If you pinned yours right sides together, flip it right side out.
I cut off the excess fabric for a cleaner look. You don't need to do this if your seams are on the inside.
Viola! An easy and spiffy case for your shears.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.