Introduction: How to Make a Simple Closet Fort
Hello instructables fans! today i am going to show you how to make a simple closet fort. this is what you need.
1. two pillows
2. three large sheets.
3. a thick comfy blanket
4. two pillows from a couch.
5. four small pillow covers
Optional: stuffed animals, books, flashlights, board games.
Okay now that we know we need that stuff, lets begin!
Step 1: Slide the Sheet
tie a sheet to a bar or pole, then ,after you tie that, slide it down the bar. it should be wider and not have any cracks at the top that you can see through. it should look like this ..
Step 2: Make the Ceiling
now lets tie it so that it makes the ceiling. here's how you do it.
1. Take two hangers and place them at them each at the top of the doors. You can seal them in place with a nail or a piece of duct tape.
2. Make sure the blanket is tied properly. And make sure its tight because if it is not, it will easily fall down afterwards.
it should now look like this:
Step 3: Slide the Doors
Now slide the doors forward a little so that it forms a small door at the entrance. but not to big. you still need room for other things inside.
Step 4: Push the Ceiling Up
push the inside of the fort up a little so that you have a little room to sit up inside. you want to make sure its tightly tied otherwise it will easily fall down.
Step 5: Place the Blanket
look at this picture counter-clockwise to view. take your thick blanket and lay it out inside. make sure to cover every crack, this will be what the person will lay on when its finished.
Step 6: Decorate!
take the small blanket and place it inside. it will give a little more heat during the night if you decide to sleep in it. then add two pillows in the front. soon you'll be able to stretch your legs out inside the fort. you can add books and stuffed animals like i did. but you dont have to. this is what it should look like so far.
Step 7: Hang the Entrance
look at the picture counter-clockwise to view it. now take out your last two sheets and form a canopy. here's how to do it.
1. take your first sheet and tie it to the right hanger. then, using the same sheet, tie it to the other hanger on the left.
2. using your last sheet, tie it to the left hanger and spread the bottom messily across the floor.
it should look like this:
Step 8: Final Steps
Now for the last step! Here are the instructions:
1. take one of your pillow covers and place it inside of the fort, kind of like a carpet.
2. Place another pillow cover outside the fort, like a welcome mat.
3. Place the two couch pillows on each side of the doors, then place the last two pillow covers on the top of them.
4. And guess what? Your all finished!
congratulations! you now have yourself a simple closet fort to hang out in. don't forget to favorite this instructable and vote for it in the contest! Enjoy your fort!! :)