This is a step by step instruction of how to make an one-string simple electric guitar.
This was originally experimented by Paul in the museum's Curiosity Lab .
Children should work with a responsible adult helping your with your project!
What you need:
(1) 1x2 White Pine lumber approx. 12" in length
24 AWG magnet wire
Winding Jig (Instructable coming soon)
220 Grit sand paper
(1) Neodymium magnet 1/4" x 1/4" cylinder
(1) Jumbo craft stick
(1) #12 Screw eye
Security cable 22 AWG strand
(1) 3.5mm (1/8") Mono plug
(Other tools + materials not shown in the image)
Medium binder clip
Hot glue gun
Step 1: Glueing Magnet Sandwich
1. Roughen up both sides of your neodymium magnet by scraping on your sand paper.
2. Cut your jumbo craft stick to make two 1" x 1" square pieces.
3. Epoxy the magnet to your craft stick piece.
*Please read hazards + instructions for using epoxy.
4. Epoxy both sides of magnet to create magnet craft stick sandwich.