I made this shelf to hold the phone in my garage so it wouldn't take up space on my workbench. It works good for lightweight objects.
1) First measure the size of shelf you'd like to make. I used a 4" x 4" piece of 1/2" plywood.
2) Cut out the square with a table saw. I used the Saw Stop Table Saw at the TechShop which works really good.
3)Then cut out the wood brackets or shelf holders. You can use whatever shape you like. I made up the shape
because it is decorative. I used 1/2" plywood and cut a semi circle using scroll saw or a band saw with a thin blade.
4) I sanded the surface with a belt sander
5) I also rounded the edges of the brackets with a disc sander and belt sander.
6) I simply Super Glued the brackets onto the 4x4 square.
The super glue holds just fine but you can screw them on if you prefer.
7) Finally, I screw the whole shelf assembly into the wall.
8) You can paint or seal it to your liking.
I made it at the TechShop. www.techshop.ws