Also find the tutorial and other paracord supplies and kits here: http://www.paravival.com/how-tos/traps/spring-loaded-deadfall-trap
Step 1: What you'll need
- (4) foot long sticks roughly 1 inch in diameter (1 not shown in picture)
- (1) 6 inch long stick roughly 1 inch in diameter
- (1) 5 foot long sapling/tree (must be alive, and flexable)
- A rock to use as a hammer
- A large rock to use for deadfall weight (Ideally 2' x 2' x 5")
- Paracord bracelet or other gear
- Knife/sharp object for cutting cord
Step 2: Prep work
- Look for burrows or nests.
- Locate game trails.
- Find rivers and streams.
Start off by sharpening the ends of 3 of the foot long sticks. These three will be hammered into the ground. Sharpening the ends will make it much easier to hammer them into the ground. If you don't have a survival knife, use a sharp rock, broken bottle, or anything you can find. If you snap the stick the rigtht way you can get a pretty good point.
Step 3: Preparing your cord
- To get the most use out of your paracord you're going to only use the sheath to make this trap.
- Cut/snip both ends of your paracord to loosen the guts of your cord.
- Pull out the guts and set aside for later use. Do not misplace the inner strands.
Step 4: Building the foundation of the spring.
- Take two of your foot long sticks and hammer them into the ground using a rock.
- Make sure they are roughly 2 feet apart.