After this you should have no problems making your own Instructable. If you do, feel free to leave a comment below!
All right, let's get Instructablizing!
Step 2: Getting Started
- Click the "submit" button that's always on the top right of the screen.
- Click the "Get Started" button for the Step-by-Step option
Step 3: Title and description
For the title:
- Make the title as descriptive as you can with as few words as you can
- Try saying it out loud and see if it describes your project
- Even better, try saying it to someone else
- You have more room to explain what's going to be happening here, but I like to keep this short and to the point as well.
- Convince readers that they want to read the whole Instructable
- How would you tell a friend about your project in 30 seconds or less?
Step 4: Add an image
Next select the image you want. Here that would be pbandj_1.jpg.
Back on the main screen, click "Upload" and you'll see the image pop up when it's done.
That takes care of how to add an image, but here are a few thoughts around what to do for your own main image:
- Make your item the primary focus of the picture
- If you can, clear out anything else that would distract when taking the photo
- Make sure it's in focus! If you want to fill the picture, then pull back a bit to make sure everything is focused and crop the photo later
Step 5: Step 1
In this case it's pretty straightforward, right? Peanut butter, jelly, bread, and a knife. That's a party right there.
For the picture, upload pbandj_2.jpg just like you did for the intro.
Step 6: Multiple pictures
To do this:
- Click "Select Files"
- Hold down Shift or Ctrl to select multiple pictures
- Click "Upload Files"
- You're good to go!
Step 7: Add from library
To reuse a photo you've already uploaded, click the "your library" tab and click "Add File" for the picture you want.
Step 8: Publishing
- Click on the "Publish" tab
- Type in a few keywords that relate to your project
- Select a subcategory so that people can find your Instructable easily
- Select a contest to add it to if it's appropriate
- Choose your licensing option
- Click "Yes, publish my Instructable!"