This is a good project to get started with if you are curious about hydroponics, this system is cost effective and really simple to make. With a few tools and and no experience I will guide you on how to make this simple EBB & Flow hydroponic system that also acts as a deep water bubbleponic system. This design is great for growing a variety of plants, I recommend to grow a plant like Basel, Mint, Oregano, Etc. and or modify this design for more varieties of plants.
This project is not an original idea by me, but it is my version of surfmonkeycoconut.
Caution: This project requires drilling glass and spray paint, please utilize a N95 mask or better to protect your lungs, I am not responsible for any injury you can cause to your self.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
* Juicy Juice or any empty bottle of your choice
* 1/2 inch black hose (purchased in home depot)
* Standard fish tank air line (purchased at petsmart also available at walmart and many other stores)
* Standard fish tank dual line air pump (purchased at petsmart also available at walmart)
* Standard drill
* 3/4 inch glass drill bit (purchased at home depot)
* Black primer spray paint
* Gloss white spray paint
* 1/2 inch rubber grommet (purchased at electrical isle in home depot)
* 24 Oz spaghetti glass jar (purchased at supermarket)
* Net bath sponge (bath luffa bought at supermarket)
* Pebbles used for lucky bamboo plant (bout at dollar store also available in Ikea)
* Miracle grow liquid feed (bought at home depot)
* Hot glue gun