Please bear in mind that the "18650" cells used in the video are Li-Co chemistry. This means:
- High energy density
- Cannot be charged AND discharged at more than 1C, going over this limit will cause lot of heat to develop and consequent risk of fire/explosions
- never discharge them to less than 3.0volts
- never charge them over 4.2v (stay safe at 4.1)
- Always work in a safe environment
- Use protective equipment if necessary
- Use common sense
Of course you can use this batteries for other applications, I am just showing you what I used them for.
This work took me a lot of time but I learned a lot and gave me great pleasure when completed.
I hope you enjoy.
Follow this and my other projects on http://jacopo.tk