This tutorial will show you how to make your very own
Unique under bust corset.
This one I'm making here is an air themed one.
Better photos to come.
Please check out my other tutorials, and vote for me int he Halloween Costume Challenge!
For more of my costumes please visit
Step 1: What you'll Need
1. A Corset pattern (I'm using a vogue pattern here but really any overbust corset pattern will do)
2. 1/8wide Spiral steel bones (or flat steel your choice)
for a more sturdy corset you can also use 1/4wide or 1/2 wide
3. 1.5 yards fashion fabric, I'm using dupioni silk
4. 1.5 yards imported Coutil fabric
5. size 00 grommets and setter
6. an awl
7. sewing machine & essentials (pins, duck strength sewing machine needles seam ripper, matching thread, scissors)
8. beads or swarovski crystals
9. clear beading thread
10. fuseable web you can find it with the interfacing at the fabric store. It looks like a sheet made of spiderwebs
11. An iron with a good steam setting
12. optional a 3-4 thread serger
13. 1 busk