Step 1: Tools and Materials
Glue gun, extra ammo can be good to have close by.
6 * Needles (or more/less depending on your build)
Some box (I used a matchbox)
1 sheet of photopaper to print the eye on
1 cotton wool ball (used translate so unsure of english name but its made out of paper) or styrofoam ball
Red food dye (mine was concentrated)
Blue food dye can be good to have handy if you have an unconcetrated red dye
Smoth hard paper or hard plastic to use as a palette
Step 2: Prework
6 Long (around 10cm)
5 Short (around 3cm)
Keep in mind, its easier to cut it when done.
2. Cut out the iris and put it with the colored side down in your palm and take one finger from the other hand and push gently down. The iris will fold a little and then you cut smal cuts around 3mm in. This will make it round without dents.
3. Make the hole in the ball a little bigger with the help of the pen.
Step 3: Dye the string
2. Add the latex by pulling as you twist it thru. Use dye on palette if you want it darker
3. For each string I just put them down on the oilcloth I use to keep my area clean just keep the strings separated.
4. Don't be fooled by the color it will be darker when dried.
5. After 3 strings I add some water and do it all over again.
You can also just make two piles of liqiud latex that you have some dye in and mix till it looks good but coloring the string seem to help out.