1. Do not eat raw dough; you may get a stomach ache because of the raw eggs.
2. Use a pot holder or oven glove when handling the loaf pan as it will be very hot when it comes out of the oven. If you do not use a pot holder and you burn your hand, run the burn under cold water for five minutes.
1. A conventional oven that can be heated to 350°F
2. A 9.2 in x 5.2 in x 2.8 in loaf pan
3. A hot pad for handling the hot loaf pan
4. Measuring cups
5. A large mixing bowl
6. A mixing spoon
7. Non-stick spray or shortening to coat the loaf pan
1. 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2. 2/3 cupsugar
3. 2 tsp baking powder
4. 1/4 tspbaking soda
5. 1/2 tsp salt
1. 2 eggs
2. 1/3 cup shortening
3. 3 bananas
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
3 peeled bananas
Prepare the bananas
Frozen--allow to thaw and then peel
(Throw the banana peels into the trash)
Safety--do not inhale the non-stick spray
Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl so all the dough ends up in the pan
Spread dough in the pan so it makes an even layer
Safety--be careful not to burn your hand when you put the loaf into the oven as it is very hot
If it is removed and the uncooked dough sticks to it, place it back into the oven.
If the toothpick is clean, leave the loaf on the counter and turn the oven off.
Safety--use a hot pad to remove the loaf from the oven as the pan will be very hot.