Step 1: What you need
. Materials for circuit
- ArduIMU sensor board
- Arduino Board
- Arduino Software (http://www.arduino.cc/)
- TLC 5940 LED Driver(4)
- 8X8 prototype board
- Bread board
- Super bright LEDs(64)
- Stranded wire
. for a band & a back-pack
- A back-pack(any back-pack what you have)
- Felt (for a band)
- Soldering iron
- Wire strippers
- Wire snippers
- Fabric glue(option)
Step 2: Prototyping for LED animation
2. Write Arduino code using the TLC4590 Libraries to create LED patterns based on the pixel animation
(You can download the Arduino code for the animation.)
Step 3: Create LED circuit
2.You can use 16 LED's on one TLC 5940 driver and chain more drivers together. This project uses 4 TCL 5940's and 64 Superbright LED's.
3. Testing; to make sure if the circuit is configured correctly run BasicUse code in Arduino playground TLC 5940 library examples. The example uses two TLC 5940 drivers.
Step 4: Soldering
1. Make an exact board size
2. Insert an LED the negative leg(cathode) on left and positive leg (anode) on the right. You can tell the negative and positive by looking at the LED bulb. The negative side looks flat.
3. Insert 8 LED's on the same row.
4. Bend the positive legs flat LED 8, and leave the negative legs.
5. Solder the right legs(anode) together.
6. Solder a wire on the negative legs (cathode).
Step 6: Making a band
1. Cut felt, 240X70mm size, and fold with short sides to make a band.
2. Stitch long side except 50mm hole in the middle of it, so after that it can install a sensor in.
3. Stitch short sides
4. Sew velcro to attach the band.
5. To put some Rhinestones using fabric glue on the band as much as you want(option)
If you are not familiar with this you can see the illustration instruction.
Here is a making band template.