Step 5: Run the script
Keep a ruler and the book at hand.
On the command line, go into the directory where the script is (for example, type 'cd /home/yourname/MyBookArtDirectory').
Call the script by entering 'php BookArtGenerator.php'.
Or, if you are running the virtual machine, double-click on the heart icon on the desktop.
The script will now ask some questions.
It will ask
- for the number of the first even page of your book
- for the number of the last even page of your book
- for the height of your book pages (doesn't matter if the unit is cm or inch, only enter the numbers, decimal dot allowed)
- for the name of the picture file (for this example: 'yourpicturefilename.png')
- tempfile.png: This file is for internal use of the script and will be overwritten with every new pattern you make.
- yourpicturefilename_preview.png: This is the preview for you to check that the script has worked as intended.
- yourpicturefilename_pattern.txt: This is the pattern file. It contains the folds for every page - one upper fold and one lower fold.
If you run the script again with a picture of the same name, the last two files will be overwritten, so copy them somewhere else or rename them if you want to keep them.