Introduction: How to Make Improved Henna Tattoos (experiental Ingredients)
This instructable will show you how to make temp tattoos using experimetal ingredients and natural ingredients, these tattoos last for about 2 days (using only natural ingredients) and up to 8 days (using both natural and experimental), depending on henna quality and preparation.
I will show you how to prepare henna paste (classic way) but we will mix to this paste a new ingredient (if you find it at drugstore) that will make it deep black on your skin for at last 2 days or maybe more.
People with skin problems, skin sensitive, wounds, scars, allergic to the ingredients do not use this instructable. (Also people in general read the disclaimer).
The material in this instructable is based on the author's investigations and experience, and is for educational and information purposes only and is not intended as medical or professional advice. Always see your doctor, health practitioner, and skin therapist before making any attempt to take your body in touch with any substance. How to make improved henna tattoos with cheap easy to find stuffis not a substitute for professional medical advice. The Author will not be liable or held responsible for injury, loss or damage to any person acting or failing to act as a result of any information or suggestion in this instructable, How to make improved henna tattoos with cheap easy to find stuff will not be held responsible for the conduct of other websites or companies that are suggested in this instructable.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Bottle of natural henna powder.
2. Lemon juice concentrate, or citric acid.
3. Pure olive oil.
4. Lavender lotion.
5. Bee Honey.
6. Silver Nitrate at 5%.
Step 2: Were to Buy the Ingredients
Were to buy the ingredients:
1. Henna powder is sold in Indu Spices Stores, but you could find it in wall-mart or at the big drugstores (it should be labeled as natural henna powder) and it's very cheap like 2 or 3 dollar the bottle. (Never use black henna synthetic powder (it's harmful sometimes). Good henna powders are green and smell like grass (the synthetic powders are white and others are black the armless usually are very expensive and hard to find.
2. Lemon Juice is gotten from good acid lemons, or you can find it ready on bottles at wall-mart, If you don't find good acid lemons, you can mix that bad juice with citric acid that is sold at cooking-stores or some big drugstores (do not try to use other acids since they are not eatable and are harmful to animals and humans).
3. Olive oil in pure state is easy to find on any wall-mart.
4. Lavender lotion is the one that old people like to use after a bath shower.
5. The magic ingredient to make your tattoo black is silver nitrate at 5% it is usually sold at big specialized drugstores and believe it or not. It is cheap (never drink it, never smell it for long periods, and never live it at direct light).
Step 3: Preparation
Making the henna paste is easy just have patience an follow this steps, also read the FAQs first for better results:
1. Pour three table spoons full filled of henna powder (remember the greener the better) in to a mixing bowl or plate (use plastic or ceramic only).
2. Start adding a only one spoon of lemon juice to the bowl, and mix it hard for about four minutes.
3. Now, ad more juice, little by little until you get the consistence of cookie paste.
4. At this consistence, and an extra spoon of lemon juice, and cover the bowl with microfilm (the one that stores use to preserve the meat. If you don't have microfilm, use a bag, or take te paste into a Ziploc bag (the importance of this is that the paste needs to be without air). Let it rest for a minimum of 12 hours, or until the application.
5. Get ready, and practice the tattoo on paper with a pen.
6. Grave the materials for the tattoo,
7. I usually use a tooth stick (the wooden ones) like if it were a Chinese tint pen.
But some people use the corner of plastic bags, as if they were cones.
Like you an see in the picture.
8. If you are ready to paint the tattoo, now you only need to finish the formula.
9. Let's start adding the other ingredients.
10. Unwrap the bowl, you will notice that the henna is a little dry, it is normal.
11. Now, ad one tiny spoon of olive oil, another tiny spoon of lavender, and mix it well.
12. If it is not at the consistence of cookie paste yet, ad another little spoon of lavender.
13. Now mix it for about 3 minutes (never mix at the same time silver nitrate and lavender, always wait at last three minutes between one and other)
14. Add a spoon of honey, and a spoon of silver nitrate (remember that the paste should not get in touch with the sun light).
15. And mix until it evaporates an gets the previous consistence (you will notice that now it is a little more sticky and that's good).
16. Now start tattooing (you should make an allergic test on a little part of the body first or visit your doctor).
17. When tattooing you should let a little big coat like a healing wound.
18. Ones finished the tattoo, let the henna dry and penetrate for about 12 hours (until the crisp of henna wears out itself).
19. Remember that if it's not sticky or dry and brakes faster, you did something wrong.
20. Now after 12 hours of expectation, let's see the tattoo creation. You should go outside and with cold water without soap wash the henna paste.
21. If you did right, you will see a brown tattoo.
22. But wait a minute you wanted a black tattoo. Is not it?
23. Go to the sun light and expose you tattoo directly for about 5 minutes (depending of the intensively of the sun light), and look how it gets magically black.
24. If you want more duration wait a day and replicate the henna paste the same way you did before.
25. Good henna pastes, dry slowly on the skin, and don't break easily.
26. Save you henna remains in a Ziploc bag at the refrigerator letting the less air possible inside the bag (the remains will last for about one month and sometimes they stain better, but also sometimes they not stain at all).
27. Put the silver nitrate on the dangerous stuff of your house (check it to be well stored).
Step 4: Tips
1. If you removed the henna paste and you don't see anything, the causes almost certainly are:
a) That you coat of henna is not big inough (try letting a little thicker coat).
b) That your henna paste is not good (try buying another brand).
c) That your lemon juice has not the sufficient acid (try using other lemons, or a mix of lemons an citric acid).
d) That the paste was not sticky enough (use a little bit of honey)
e) But don't worry you have an opportunity to see that tattoo come to life (go to the sun an expose it to light for a while).
2. If you henna paste dries and wears out almost instantly, try this:
a) Add a little more olive oil.
b) Add a little more bee honey.
3. If your henna is not powder (the really natural ones came like green tobacco) do this:
a) Blend the henna until it gets powder consistence.
b) If you can't blend it on your blend machine in dried state, make all the first steps, and then blend it well, and let it rest the 12 hours, and blend again.
Step 5: Disclaimer
The material in this instructable is based on the author's investigations and experience, and is for educational and information purposes only and is not intended as medical or professional advice. Always see your doctor, health practitioner, and skin therapist before making any attempt to take your body in touch with any substance. How to make improved henna tattoos with cheap easy to find stuff is not a substitute for professional medical advice. The Author will not be liable or held responsible for injury, loss or damage to any person acting or failing to act as a result of any information or suggestion in this instructable, How to make improved henna tattoos with cheap easy to find stuff will not be held responsible for the conduct of other websites or companies that are suggested in this instructable.
Step 6: Useful Links
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.