Kheer is delicious. It's good hot, cold, runny, thick, with cashews, with fresh fruit, with raisins, for breakfast, for dessert, for dinner, lunch... etc. I really love this recipe. :D
And it's super simple to make! So go on, impress people!
Step 1: Ingredients!
- 3 cups milk (any kind you like - whole tastes the best, but 2% is just fine!)
- 1-2 cups water (to determine the thickness. I normally use 1 cup.)
- 1 cup condensed, sweetened, milk. (I like using fat free.)
- 1/2 cup sugar (you might want to try 1/4 cup first if you don't want it TOO sweet)
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 cup rice (please use jasmine if you have it, it's the best as far as I'm concerned!)
- fresh fruit (mango is dreamy)
- dried fruits (especially apricots!)
- nuts (I really like cashews in this - that's how it's made at my favorite Indian restaurant!)