Every year I put a wreath on my sprintervan. I decided at the end of last XMAS to buy a plastic wreath and figure out a way to wire led lights into my sprinter electrical system so that when the head lights come on the wreath strapped to the front of the bus would come on.
Using a coupon I bought a string of qty 20 led lights that runs off a battery pack (qty 3 AA batteries). It cycles through colors and patterns.
Tools and supplies needed:
1) string of battery powered LED lights
2) multimeter that can read voltage and current.
3) soldering iron with solder
4) some extra red and black wire
5) wire strippers/crimpers/wire cutters
6) shrink tube & heat gun
7) small connectors (male - female) type
8) resistors (you need to make a calculation to figure out what kind to use)
9) plastic wreathhttp://www.mackconsult.com/?p=2272