- Vodka (the higher percentage alcohol the better) or Everclear if you can get it
- Essential oils*, fragrance oils**, infused oils, even flavour*** extracts (make sure it's pure) such as vanilla extract
- distilled or spring water
- glycerine (this can be found in pharmacies)
- pretty glass bottles to put the finished product in, preferably coloured glass, reuse bottles or find them at the dollar store.
- glass jar for mixing fragrance in
- measuring cup/spoons
- a dropper if you have one
- aluminum foil or wrapping paper if you are using clear glass bottles
- a pencil and paper for jotting down your recipe
- a discerning nose is helpful
*You can also make your own perfume oil Be a Romantic Scientist: Distill your own perfume oil.
**Fragrance oils are synthetic and are less expensive than essential oils.
***Quite a few perfumes use food flavours in them, so extracts are an easy way of incorporating them into your own creations.