Introduction: How to Make S'mores (in Three Different Ways)
Here is how to make a great s'more three different ways. Whether you're camping outside or craving a marshmallow inside, here's the steps to make a s'more in your kitchen or over the fire (preferably not a fire in your kitchen). The first three steps must be done for every kind of s'more. However, the 4th step should be followed for roasting over a fire, the 5th for a stove, and the 6th for an oven. (I left out making s'mores in the microwave because it doesn't work very well.)
1) Bag of marshmallows (must be fresh for s'mores to turn out delightful)
2) Box of graham crackers
3) One medium bar of breakable chocolate (or a bunch of miniature bars)
4) One roasting fork or stick (must be a few feet in length so as not to burn little handsies and toesies)
5) A camp fire, stove, or oven
Step 1: Step 1: Get Ready...
Open marshmallow, graham crackers, and chocolate bar. Lay roasting fork or stick aside.
Step 2: Step 2: Get Set...
Break one graham cracker in half. Lay half a graham cracker aside on a plate. Break two small squares off of the chocolate bar. Lay these on top of one of the graham cracker pieces.
Step 3: Step 3: Wait for It...
Insert roasting fork or stick into marshmallow.
Step 4: Step 4: Go! Roasting Over a Fire
Making the fire:
1) Crumple newspaper and sit it on ground or in a fire pit (far away from anything flammable)
2) Place small sticks on top of newspaper
3) Light newspaper on fire!
4) Once lit, place chopped wood on top
1) You can either roast the marshmallow over the flames or, if you're patient enough, wait until the flames die down into coals and roast it over the coals.
2) Slowly turn the roasting stick in place a few inches away from coals or flames
4) Lay marshmallow on graham cracker with chocolate and cover with other side of graham cracker
Step 5: Go! Cooking Over a Stove
-too much heat and marshmallow will catch on fire
Step 6: Go! Cooking in an Oven
1) Set oven to broil on high
Step 7: Step 7: Almost There!
1)Pull marshmallow off stick (you may want to use half of the graham cracker to take marshmallow off stick)
2) Lay marshmallow on the graham cracker with chocolate and cover with other side of graham cracker
Step 8: Eat It!!!!!!!!!!
Eat your s'more and enjoy!
Step 9: Gone Too Far
This is what happens when your marshmallow catches on fire. This is bad. Try again.