• 3 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour or bread flour
• 1/4 teaspoon of active dry yeast
• 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt
• 1 1/2 cups of water
1. In a bowl thoroughly mix together the flour, yeast, and sea salt. Add the water and mix with a wooden spoon or your hands.
2. Wrap the bowl in plastic wrap or cover with a kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for 18 hours at room temperature until it is more than doubled.
3. If you don't plan on using the dough right away you can wrap it up in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
• 1/2 pound of fresh, ripe tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil
2. Cut away the dry stem area of the tomatoes, but leave the core intact. Place the tomatoes in the water and let boil for about 10 - 15 seconds. Remove and let cool then peel the tomatoes with a paring knife or your hands.
3. Place tomatoes into another bowl and mash them up with your hands. You don't want the tomatoes to create a fine puree, you want them to retain some texture so some parts will be chunky.
4. Stir in the olive oil and salt. This sauce will keep up to one week in the fridge
To make the Hawaiian Pizza (pictured), you will need:
• pizza peel
• pizza stone
• tomato sauce (recipe above)
• homemade dough (recipe above)
• sliced pineapple
• sliced red onion
• mozzarella cheese
• canadian bacon
First, place the pizza stone in the oven about 10 inches from the broiler and preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Let the stone heat up for 30 minutes and then switch the oven to broil for about 10 minutes.
Next, with the dough on the pizza peel, spread the tomato sauce on the surface evenly. Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza.
Quickly slide the pizza off the pizza peel onto the stone in the oven and broil for 4 - 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is crispy, but not burnt.
FInally, transfer the pizza to a cutting board using the peel. Slice, serve, enjoy immediately!
• sliced mushrooms
• sliced red/yellow peppers
• chopped onion
• tomato sauce
• homemade dough
• mozzarella cheese
• dried basil
Following the same steps as before, begin with your dough on the pizza peel and evenly distribute the tomato sauce on the surface. Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella cheese on top and then add the rest of the toppings. Top with dried basil.
Cook the pizza according the directions in the previous step.
Serve and enjoy!