- All the music either
- Is something I love or
- Is something I love AND is between 175-185 beats per minute to help me keep my pacing
- Between every track I have a 20 second sample of a metronome set at 180 beats per minute
- There are 28 segments of friends and family rooting for me along the way.
- At key points of the course I include a description of the terrain and what I need to prepare myself for. I also coach myself on form and pace.
Step 1: Get 28 messages from friends on your phone and convert them to MP3 Tracks
- I asked friends and family to leave one minute messages on my iPhone. I told each what mile they were responsible for. I also had a starting line message and a finish message. I recorded a couple of segments for myself.
- I then used MP3 Recording Software on my MacBook to record the messages played back over the phone. Any software that can access your microphone will do. I labeled them with the mile and the person's name so that I would know where in the mix to place them. The software I used to record the messages was http://audacity.sourceforge.net/