Step 4: USB extension cable
We ordered some male to female USB extensions that were short enough, 25cm (10"), to keep the back of our computer tidy.
1. Again make sure that you tape the cable to the back of the computer so that the input does not move whilst curing.
2. Work out which way you want you USB input to sit. I wanted mine to have the top facing out so that those around me could see my super fly sugru USBs.
3. Take the remaining half of the minipack and make into a cone shape.
4. This time press the small end of the cone into the bottom of the USB input.
5. Shape the sugru into a pyramid shape.
6. Press the pyramid into the side of the computer, be sure not to place it over any of the tape from any previous hack.
7. Press in the sugru that spreads out from underneath.
8. Again tape is absolutely necessary to hold the input in place against any resistance from the wire whilst curing.
Leave for 24 hours, USB use can be quite aggressive!