So we thought we'd show you how to make one yourself, ready to hang on the christmas tree.
Step 1: Create Santa's Coat
- We used a red paint pen to create Santa's famous red coat. Two coats should do it. (A permanent marker should work fine too).
* TOP TIP - click Santa onto a separate LEGO brick. It makes it stable and much easier to handle.
Step 2: Build His Belly
- To make the belly take about one third of a minipack of sugru and roll it into a small ball. Squidge it onto his body - be careful to leave room for his arms to move freely.
- Roll a small sausage of sugru to create his chest.
- Put the remaining sugru to one side, you will need it later.
Step 3: Add Clothing Details
* TOP TIP - we used a shaping tool to do the cuffs, as they can be a bit fiddly.
Step 4: Make His Beard
* TOP TIP - start with the first piece in the middle and build it up, piece by piece, getting smaller as you get to the sides.
- Then roll two thin pieces of sugru for the moustache.
* TOP TIP - remember, click Santa onto a separate LEGO brick. It makes it stable and much easier to handle as you build up the sugru.
Step 5: Make His Hair
Step 6: Make His Hat
- Make a basic hat shape using half a pack of red sugru, then flatten it.
- Press the string into the flattened sugru, then wrap the sugru around it and shape it.
- Squish it onto Santa's head.
- Add the white trim and the bobble.
- Leave to cure for 24 hours and he will be ready for the tree!