Now after that thought I got an even better idea for an instructable. Let's face it sometimes we forget our girlfriend's birthday, that of our parents, somebody's christmas present... and we have to come up with something that is makeable in one evening and with easy materials. Well here it is! The personalized rubik's cube!
During this instructable I'll be making the companion cube but I will also show you how you can add your own family pictures, favorite game, tv-show... anything you want to be on the rubik's cube.
Now let's go to step 1 What will you need.
Note: English is not my first language so if you encounter any spelling mistakes in this instructable please leave a comment and I will remove the mistakes.
Note2: Excuse me if some of these steps in the tutorial are to "Well duuuuh we are not idiots". I'm used to teaching 8-9 year olds so it kind of grows on you.
Step 1: What you will need:
- Photoshop CS4 (you can get a trail version here: www.adobe.com/nl/products/photoshop/photoshop/)
- if you don't want to use photoshop, paint can also work but it's not coverd in this instructable.
- Self-adhesive lamination sheets.
- A sharp knife
- A metal ruler
- Double sided tape
- Normal tape (optional)
- piece of wood to cut on/ cuttingboard (so you don't ruin your desk)
- scissors (not shown in picture)
Note: Don't worry if you can't use photoshop CS4, were not going to do anything hard with it and the steps are explained using screenshots