With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share what you made with text, photos, video, and files
gather your favorite instructables together
How to memorize the Resistor Color Code The reason I came up with this is because in High School and in College they taught us the same offensive phr...
0. Think of a black olive. Think of a really big black olive that is about to run you over and squish you. The shape is a 0 and the color is black.
1. Does a bear poop in the woods? It sure does!!What color is the bear?Brown.There is one bear and it's brown. In my mind I actually picture the Charm...
2. Think of cherries. How many are usually on a stem? 2. What color are they? Red
3. Think of 3 oranges. You are juggling 3 oranges. They are dripping all over you as you juggle. There are 3 and the color is orange.
4. Draw a 4 using 4 bananas. A 4 is in four segments and you use 4 yellow bananas to make the shape. You designed a 4 using yellow bananas.
5. Think of a marijuana plant. There are (pretend) only 5 leaves on a marijuana plant. The color is green. You can also picture yourself getting total...
This is my favorite because I grew up in California and would watch the Blue Angels airs show at El Toro Marine base. When the Blue Angels fly in form...
7. The shape of a 7 also resembles an axe. Picture a very violent(violet) bloody axe. The shape is 7 and bloody viole(n)t
8. Eight is Greight! You can picture a grey eight. He's trying to eat you. Isn't that Greight?
9. All the girls want a white knight in shining armour to rescue them from the high tower. Picture a white 9 (ninght) riding in on a horse and rescuin...
As I stated before, they work for me. It was the first thing I thought of and so it sticks in my brain. Share some of your ideas.I taught this to my b...
We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.
Color Code and Types of Resistorsby Electronics Hub
Resistor Color Code Guideby BooRan
Add Battery Test to a Multimeterby Phil B
HOW TO CALCULATE RESISTOR & CERAMIC CAPACITOR VALUE.by pranjal12
How to read color codes from resistors.by Wanka7a
Reading Surface Mount Resistor codesby ColorBomb
The simplest electronic circuitby electromechlab
Build a circuit that can change the color of an LED with the sound being put out of an …by Adam Lukasik
How to Build an 8-Bit Computerby spel3o
Download our new apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »