~ Increase range by 25%
~ Increase power by 35%
~ Make a 14 nerf dart clip
~ Decrease weight to your gun
~ Make it cooler
This gun is currently a work in progress (V1), i'll post a youtube video with picture link when i'm done (V2) is harder to do.
Step 1: Eliminating Extra Weight
Step 2: Nerf Clip Mod
1. Unscrew both clips
2. Remove all the things inside the both clips
3. Using a saw, cut out on the first clip the section below where the line stops when the clip is inserted into the gun
4. Tape the two springs from the two clips togeather.
5. Break apart on the second clip the two pincers that hold the darts from being ejected
6. Put the Spring back into the second clip, and put the top of the spring on the Dart Automatic Ejecter plastic piece which is placed inside the first clip, so now they are stacked togeather.
7. Tape both of the clips with duct tape
8. Your clip is now twice as long, and should hold 14 foam darts
Step 3: Removing the Air Restrictiors
Removing the air restrictors takes around 30 min, but increase the range and power of your gun greatly.
1. Unscrew gun
2. Use a pair of flat edged screwdrivers to lift out cocking mechanism (Bolt Action)
3. Open up the two sides of the gun, ans set the side with no components aside
4. Remove the Spring and plunger, in the orange cylender( can be different in other guns )
5. Unscrew the cylender (two small screws)
6. Remove the spring in the cylender
7. Look inside the cylender, you should see a black circular knob with 3 prongs, now use a pair of wire cutters to snap off the 3 prongs
8. The knob will fall out, not tip the cylender the other way, and the air restrictors will fall out
9. Now on the end of the spring, glue 1 inch in diameter and 1/2 inch thick circles from any nerf bullet/ foam, and super glue them to the the end of the circular spring (there is a black cap)
10. This will protect the spring casing, as the increased air flow wears out the parts faster)
11. Let dry, and place spring back into cylender, screw and secure together, and snap it back into the frame the holds the cylender casing, and the trigger mechanism.
12. Screw everything back togeather
13. When you fire the gun, the gun will make a loug twaing sound, this is normal, this means there is increased air flow from the spring to the dart support casing, resulting is more power and range. Be sure not to dry fire too much, it wears out the cylender spring casing.
Sorry these arn't my photos my camrea doesn't support the resolution the show what happens, but these pictures are quite detailed. Also it won't let me delete the redundent picutres, I will look into it!!!
The first picture shows the gun open
The second shows the spring and plunger cylender and casing mechanism
The thrid shows the bottom of the air restrictor in the cylender
The fourth shows that gun with and without the air restrctor
The fifth shows the padding on the spring, however optional it really helps in preventing wear and tear to your gun
The sixth shows the actual air restrictor