So you are getting ready to tackle Fantasy Football? Sure you've heard of Football, heck even watched a game or two, but now you are ready to claim titles or even money, humiliate friends or strangers and earn bragging rights. This is a step by step guide to get you started in what has become America's new favorite past time.
If you're ready to get started go ahead and head over to step 1 there champ
Step 1: Preparing
Here are a few things you need to get started:
- A Yahoo! log in
- Some free time
And thats it. However, these are the bare minimum, you could increase the experience by having these additional (optional) things:
- a competitive friend or work group
- a smart phone
- a TV with access to basic television (bonus if you purchase a Sunday Ticket package from ESPN or DirecTV)
- creativity and some luck, the irish kind not the quaterback.
And with all that (and this guide) you are already on your way to becoming a real, fantasy, Champion
Step 2: Off Season (aka Getting Started)
First we need to get you set up with a log in. If you already have a Yahoo! login go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back and head on over to the next step.
For the rest of us:
- Open up a new tab or web page and go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
- .You will see a page similar to the first picture above, scroll down and click on the Blue "Join A League" button
- Don't worry about creating a League, being a commissioner is in a league of its own...(see what I did there)
- You will be redirected to another page (the 2nd picture) and click on the "Sign Up for a New Account" hyper link
- 3rd page: Follow the instructions, fill in the blanks, and click the purple "Create Account"
- you can use your Yahoo login and email even outside of Football season. It doesn't have to be related to football even! Oh the joy of freedom.
- You do have to register a phone number and enter a verification code, if its a cell phone they will text it (fees may apply) and if its a land line they will call.
- Congrats! You are now an account holder! I can't tell you how proud I am.
- Step 3 here we come