Step 1: Materials Needed
To get started you will need:
· Rubbing alcohol
· A shot glass or other small shallow dish
· A nail color of your choice, a light color works best
· A clear top coat nail polish
· Old newspapers
· A cup of hot tea or hot chocolate—just to set the mood
Step 2: Paint Your Color
· While waiting for your nails to dry, you can be looking through the newspaper and picking out what you would like to have on your nails.
Step 3: Pick Your Prints
Go through the newspaper and pick out images and texts that you like--remember that since this is a transfer, the text will be backwards. This is when you can get really creative-- you can do your favorite comic characters, different fonts, horoscopes, and more.
· Make sure to pick out black prints on a white background. If the background is gray your print won’t stand out as well on your nail.
Step 4: The Rubbing Alcohol
The rubbing alcohol is the critical step to in this process; it creates a surface that the print will stick to. Pour a little rubbing alcohol into a shot glass or small dish and quickly dip your finger, immersing your entire nail, into the glass. Have a piece of newsprint ready to go.
· Do not consume rubbing alcohol! It is very dangerous if ingested!