I am going to show you, how to process empty tetrapak packagings for easy storing & recycling.
Step 1: 1- Clean Your Tetrapak
- Begin form the bottom, detach the glued flaps.
- Squeeze the package from the corners.
- do the same thing for the top.
Step 2: 2- Remove the Bottlecap and the Piercing Screw
- There is a reverse moving cutter piece in the cap mechanism, remove it by sticking in & turning your finger either clockwise (it comes outside, be carefull it has sharp edges) or counterclockwise (it falls in the package)
Step 3: 3- Remove the Cap Screw With a Knife
- Remove the remaining cap screw with a knife, slowly and in a circular cutting movement.
Step 4: 4- Cut the Both Ends Off
- Cut the ends of the package
- Now you have a hollow tube.
Step 5: 5- Open Up the Tube
- Cut from the place of joint. Use a ruler for easy cutting.
Step 6: 6- the Final Products
OK now, what can we do with these;
Tetrapaks are, waterproof & lightproof, i am going to ducktape them together and use them as a reflector but i need more. Maybe they can also be used on rooftops.
I have plans for the caps also, i think i am going to make a 3d art piece with them, but i haven't decided yet.
You can fire up your barbecue with remaining cut off pieces, or store them in an other tetrapak for later recycling.
If you have some brighter ideas please share.
I hope you enjoyed my instructable.