This instructable is based on my DIY page on removing glowplugs from OM606 heads '''HERE'''
. As such, if you are pulling a different plug you will need to adjust the tools and dimension a bit. The basic method should still be valid.
- vice grips
- drill motor
- 1cm drill bit (13/32" is just right, 7/16" might be too big)
- M6 x 1.0 Tap and drill set
- hardened M6 x 1.0 bolt, at least 6cm long
- hardened M6 nut
- assortment of washers
- a 13mm X 3/8" standard depth socket
- patience, lots of patience, heads are very expensive replacement parts
Vice grips will do nicely. This part of the job is brute force. Just tear the off the hex part and then clamp onto the electrode and lever it out. The electrode is a good 4cm long and can be welded in there pretty well. I've had to use a pry bar to pull the electrode out. It has to come out for the next steps.
< no picture for this step ... sorry >