1) There are at least 2 people available
2) All involved are healthy enough to do heavy lifting
Otherwise pay someone to avoid any possible injury.
You will need the following:
* Screw Driver
* Furniture Dolly
* Working gloves
* ladder (and access to the roof where the chimney is located)
Step 1: Remove Outside-chimney: Top
* Climb on to the roof where the chimney is located.
* Using a screw driver, unscrew the top portion of the chimney, put the Chimney top aside.
Step 2: Remove Outside-chimney: Bottom
* Using a hammer, pry underneath the shingles.
* Remove the nails holding down the chimney base.
* Remove the skirt (if any) over the bottom of the chimney. The skirt is used to keep the chimney snug in the hole with the chimney base.
* Remove the bottom portion of chimney.
Step 3: Remove Nails Holding Inside-chimney
* remove the nails, which are holding the inside-chimney with the ceiling.
Step 4: Remove Inside-chimney
* Using a mallot or a small piece of wood with a hammer, hit on the inside-chimney to free it up from its connected bottom portion.
* take out the inside-chimney's top portion off from the ceiling.
* remove the bottom portion of the inside-chimney.
* now you are left with the free standing wood stove, free from any connected chimney.
Step 5: Wood Stove: Lift Up
* Be sure to use proper care while Lifting Heavy Objects.
* Use a Furniture Dolly to move the wood stove out of the room.
Now the wood stove is gone, the last pictures show that the carpet was patched and a new sofa sits where the wood stove used to be.