So you are debating whether to pay someone or DIY remove your wood stove. You should give this a go only if:
1) There are at least 2 people available
2) All involved are healthy enough to do heavy lifting
Otherwise pay someone to avoid any possible injury.
You will need the following:
* Screw Driver
* Furniture Dolly
* Working gloves
* ladder (and access to the roof where the chimney is located)
Step 1: Remove outside-chimney: top
The first thing that comes off is the chimney:
* Climb on to the roof where the chimney is located.
* Using a screw driver, unscrew the top portion of the chimney, put the Chimney top aside.