Step 1: Materials
1. You can buy a tub & sink refinishing kit at lowes for $45.00. Check to make sure it will cover your area. Might need more than one kit or extra paint. More indepth directions can be found on the kit.
2. scuff pad
3. clear plastic and tape
4. fan for ventilation
Step 2: Remove Hardware
1. Remove all of the showers hardware, bars, curtains and other items.
2. Remove the grout/caulking.
Step 3: Clean & Scuff
2. rinised the shower for a clean surface.
3. Towel dry
4. once the area is dry, scuff the shower and tub.
Step 4: Masking Off the Shower & Tub
2. Mask off the shower with plastic and tape so no over spray gets on the other part of the bathroom.
3. make sure all grout/caulking is removed.
Step 5: Painting
2. Evenly coat every inch of tub and shower until it is covered. You might need more than one kit to cover the entire tub and shower. ***make sure you figure out the calculations before you start to paint.
3. It takes 24 hours to dry.
Step 6: Finished
Next, caulk the tub.
Last, add your personal style and your 70s blue tub is now white and looks brand new!
***just a few paint touch ups and I am done!